My Directed Research project is now complete. I spend two semesters working to restore an old Golden Tee arcade machine to house student created games at the USC GamePipe Laboratory. Click through the gallery to view the entire process. This arcade is ready to demo the masterpieces of up and coming game creators and designers.
The semester has finished up and the control deck has been installed on the arcade. Everything works as expected. This was a great project because it forced me to become familiar with MDF wood, wood routers, laminate installation, and general woodworking techniques. I’ve always wanted to build my own Arcade cabinet from the ground up, and with this experience under my belt, I feel I finally have the confidence to tackle such a project in the near future.
Digging around I found an old video I made of my magnetic levitation project I built for a class. This was a fun project. Info to build your own can be found here.